Russell R. Smith
Born: Lubbock, Texas
• 1992, Texas
• 1992, U.S. District Court, Northern, Eastern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas
• 1992, U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
• 1994, U.S. Federal Court of Appeals
• South Texas College of Law (J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 1991), Dean’s List, Member of the Order of the Lytae and American Jurisprudence Award recipient.
• University of Adelaide School of Law, Australia (Rotary International Foundation Scholar, 1989)
• University of Texas at Austin (B.B.A., Summa. Cum Laude, 1987), Beta Gamma Sigma and Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Societies.
• State Bar of Texas
• American Bar Association
• Texas Young Lawyers Association
• Texas Association of Defense Counsel
• Defense Research Institute
• Australian/American Association
• Nacogdoches County Bar Association
Russell Smith has been actively engaged in the trial of all types of cases in both State and Federal Courts, including, but not limited to, general civil litigation, premises liability, medical and legal malpractice, tort and insurance litigation, products liability, environmental and toxic tort litigation, automobile and truck litigation, contract disputes, employment law and nursing home litigation.