Kelly B. Lea
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 1991
- Sam Houston State University, B.B.A., with a major in finance and a minor in economics, 1981
- Fairchild, Price, Haley & Smith, L.L.P., 2023-present. Partner
- Wilson, Robertson & Cornelius, P.C., 2009-2023. Shareholder.
- Clark, Lea & Porter, 1995 through 2008. Partner
- Lorance & Thompson, P.C., 1992-1994. Associate
Professional Activities & Affiliations:
- Bar Admissions: State Bar of Texas, 1992; U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1996; U.S. District Court Southern District, 1993; U.S. District Court Eastern District, 1995.
- Bar Associations: State Bar of Texas, Smith County Bar Association, Eastern District Bar Association, Southern District Bar Association, Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit Bar Association, American Bar Association.
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Member, T. John Ward Inn of Court
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Director at Large, Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Certified Mediator
Kelly B. Lea has been a trial lawyer since 1992. He has tried numerous cases to verdict successfully in East Texas. Mr. Lea practices in all state courts and federal courts in the Eastern District, Southern District and the Fifth Court of Appeals. His practice focuses primarily on personal injury litigation with a specialty in defending insurance companies, their insureds, trucking companies, and their drivers.
Additionally, he handles general civil litigation, including commercial litigation, premises liability and product liability. Mr. Lea has defended numerous insurance companies, trucking companies, business entities and individuals throughout East Texas. Mr. Lea is a certified mediator, having been trained at the Frank Evans Center for Conflict Resolution. He has been a licensed Texas Real Estate Broker since 1982.